Are you looking for a team where you can demonstrate your HR Systems skillset while expanding your expertise with a variety of HR Systems? Do you want to work for an organization with a dynamic, inclusive culture that is ranked among the top places to work in Chicago? Look no further! Our HR Systems team is driven by delivering innovative results for our business owners while encouraging individual development. Does this fit the position you are seeking? Then read on!
This position will represent the HR Systems and Process Integration (HRSPI) team to leaders of functional areas of the business. Responsible for possessing the business and technology acumen to interact with senior leaders, form key relationships, establish and earn creditability, and seen as a technology leader. It is essential for this job to manage stakeholder needs and expectations.
In addition to project management responsibilities; this position will assist with one or more components of the HR Systems roadmap. The role will be involved in the daily support of all HR systems including but not limited to Performance Management, Applicant Tracking System, Learning Management and HCM.
This position is responsible for integrating business strategy with technology solutions involving HR functions, HR Systems, and/or HR data. Ability to both scope and lead a functional or enterprise project from definition through deployment is essential. This is a hands-on position that involves leading small to medium sized projects simultaneously while also acting in the capacity of system administrator for assigned systems. This position requires significant attention to detail as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks with geographically separated teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with business leaders to establish solutions strategies.
- Ensures that projects meet or exceed expectations by guiding all project activities to include, but not limited to, schedule, scope, budget, risk, change management, and quality control.
- Partner with business owners to design, test, and maintain necessary integrations, as well as ensure existing interfaces continue to run smoothly and provide accurate results.
- Provides proactive, strategic system consulting services representing HR-owned data to the entire organization (and 3rd parties).
- Acts as backup for HR Systems business analyst and will perform tasks as need for system testing, administration, or troubleshooting.
- Responsible for off-hours system testing on an ad hoc basis.
- Acquires an expert knowledge of existing business and technical processes, and applies this knowledge to assigned tasks and projects.
- Key conduit between the business leadership and the HR Systems and Process Integration team, as well as our technology and service partners.
Provides leadership, coaching, and guidance to project team members in the areas of project lifecycle, operating procedures, processes and practices.
Influences operational and executive leadership within the business areas to create and maintain alignment around the project business objectives, measurable benefits, success criteria, scope, and constrains impacting project delivery. Negotiates across multiple functions to resolve project conflicts and competing priorities.
Defines project scope based on client request, identified business need, and/or incomplete future-state vision.
Accurately defines project resource needs, attains resource approval, and manages resource utilization through the life of the project.
Clearly communicates expectations of project team members and holds team accountable to assigned deliverables.
Develops risk management plan to identify, analyze, monitor and respond to risks associated with the project to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
Leads and/or assists with the documentation and execution of system testing.
Participates in contract negotiation and vendor management.
May aid in defining solution roadmaps for one or more functional or technology areas of the business.
Analyzes impact of proposed solutions on existing technology platforms/infrastructure as well as processes.
Anticipates client needs and make recommendations for improvements.
Utilize appropriate software report writing and query tools to produce customized reports for multiple business lines and uses.
- Maintains the integrity of HR data by conducting regular audits.
- BA or BS required. MBA preferred
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience, managing projects for full life-cycle – from initiation to implementation and close
- Working knowledge of PMI project management principles, PMP certification, or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in HRIS, systems analysis, software development, and/or software implementation is required.
- Prior experience implementing and working in HR systems such as Talent Management, Applicant Tracking, LMS, and HCM is a plus.
- Must have strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills, including facilitation and presentations.
- Experience leading business transformation projects and managing complex project plans and remote or 3rd party resources.
- Prior experience managing diverse interdependent cross-functional, cross-departmental projects, vendors and technologies highly preferred.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.