Manager, Web & Mobile Development
1/9/2018 2:28:41 PM
The Manager, Web & Mobile Development leads a team of developers responsible for the development, integration, deployment and ongoing support of web and mobile solutions within U.S. Cellular, including all integration software developed by the team. This role will oversee the full development lifecycle for internal associates and vendors contributing to the integrated solution. Additionally, this leader level role will work to align all stakeholders to ensure agreed development and operational Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met and ensures effective assignments of resources are made on all initiatives, projects and releases.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day activities performed by the Web/Mobile development team as well as vendor activities related to projects.
- Design and code applications in accordance with functional and technical programming standards and best practices. Vendor management and tracking to assure milestones are met and quality is provided.
- Analyze and design enhancements and fixes to application code or packaged extension, as well as required fixes to production problems and new Work Requests.
- Build and develop the team, including interviewing candidates, defining goals and professional development opportunities, and providing feedback.
- Review project status with project managers and allocate resources appropriately. Manage individual and team workload.
- Encourage strong partnerships with business partners and other technology team members. Resolves conflicts to promote forward thinking solutions.
- Promote teamwork through effective communication and knowledge sharing process for team members.
- Define standards and best practices for the team, and manage appropriate processes, driving changes and/or improvements to these as needed.
- Influence, promote and support continuous improvements.
- Provide data and reports to demonstrate team performance and to provide metrics to compare releases.
- Work with the Technical Specialist to convert user requirements into technical specifications required to satisfy Work Request(s).
- Take ownership for delivery of the technology solution.
- 8+ years of relevant professional work experience required.
- Management, supervisory or team leader experiences is required
- 5+ years of development experience, including significant experience developing web services, using various technologies including:
- Angular JS
- 5+ years of experience working within an SDLC, developing in a UNIX environment, and working on projects
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience using Oracle Databases
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience coaching and mentoring other Developers.
- Solid background of designing, developing & testing various software applications.
- Experience in developing and testing software, including supporting the QA team and helping to troubleshoot defects in order to arrive at the root cause (Root Cause Analysis). Experience using tools supporting these efforts, including SQL, SoapUI, and HP Quality Center.
- In-depth knowledge of standard web technologies, including app servers, web servers, databases, browsers, etc.
- Experience working with various enterprise teams across the software development lifecycle, to review, inspect, document, and ensure the quality of software products being tested and eventually implemented.
- Experience debugging, reviewing log captures and other forms of technical troubleshooting.
- Experience with Performance tuning of queries and applications to increase server response times.
- Experience with Oracle WebCenter Site/Portal/Content , SOA, Restful APIs - Preferred
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Preferred experience:
- Oracle Web Center
- Web services development
- Web UX design
- Mobile application development experience
- Background which leveraged creativity
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry..
- Experience with Amdocs Customer Experience Solutions (CES) software.
- Experience with business- and operational-support systems (BSS/OSS) and related business processes. These include: billing, CRM, ordering, self-service, and service fulfillment.
- Experience working with Database and Application Server Infrastructure
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.