• Bachelor’s degree in related technical / business areas is required.
• 5 years, post baccalaureate related experience or master’s degree plus 3
• 5 years of Linux, Unix, Microsoft Windows, or Storage Administration experience required
• Knowledge of re-engineering / process improvement. Knowledge of IT Standards such as ITIL required.
• Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment is required.
• Excellent problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools is required.
• Certification(s) in relevant technologies is strongly preferred.
• Experience managing infrastructure in PCI/CPNI environments preferred.
• Strong change management skills; proven track record as an agent for technology and business process change.
• Strong technical project management skills. Proven ability to lead complex technology implementations involving multiple technologies and support teams.
• Strong understanding of the business and/or industry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills demonstrated in front of large audiences
• Travel required and OSS experience in Nokia NETACT and Ericsson OSS-RCC strongly preferred
• Operating Systems: Current releases of Linux (RedHat preferred), Oracle Solaris, or Microsoft Windows
• Virtualization Software: Current releases of VMware ESX, KVM, or similar
• Storage Systems: Enterprise class storage arrays such as EMC, HP, and IBM. Enterprise storage network technologies (SAN) such as Cisco or Brocade
• Server Systems: Current releases of Cisco UCS server platform. Current releases of Oracle servers. Current releases of Oracle Exadata, Current releases of HP x86 server platforms.
• System Management Tools: Systems monitoring tools (CA Nimsoft, IBM Tivoli, IBM Netcool, etc.). Backup/Recovery software such as Symantec Netbackup. Systems management platforms such as RedHat Satellite, Oracle Ops Center, VMware VCenter. Storage management tools such as EMC SRM.
• Security: Antivirus systems such as Symantec End Point protection. Knowledge of PCI security standards. Knowledge of Operating System hardening standards and guidelines.
• Scripting Languages: Python, Perl, KSH, Bash, Visual Basic
• Network Protocols: NFS, CIFS, DNS, LDAP, NTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, SNMP, SMTP, TCP, UDP, IP, Ethernet, TFTP, DHCP, telnet, RS232
• Business Applications: Remedy Trouble Ticketing and Change Management modules
• Office Automation: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Planning & Design: Microsoft Project, Visio
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
"EEO is the Law" Poster | "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement | Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision | Dept of Labor FMLA poster | Employee PolyGraph Protection Act Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at: Accommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org