The Retail Merchandising Manager project manages the development and deployment of product/device/category displays for our Corporate and Agent stores, from creative briefing thru delivery and implementation instruction, ensuring brand authenticity, alignment to the marketing opportunities, as well as is in adherence to retail merchandising best practices. This highly-matrixed role partners with key stakeholders including Marketing, Device & Product teams, our agencies, display vendors, etc.
This individual strategically recommends how & where prioritized products and categories should come to life within our generational retail environment, as well as how to accommodate version variability, whether related to format, generational, market differences, etc. This manager is responsible for staying abreast of cross-functional stakeholder needs and objectives, evaluating the shopper’s discovery / evaluation needs and henceforth working with our agency and vendors in the development of displays that deliver upon both the business and customer needs, including digital and static tools, signage and displays.
This manager takes a lead role in working with our device and accessory partners to understand the product roadmap and “slot”/create the plans for how & where each product will be merchandised. Henceforth, this leader oversees the development of device and accessory planograms in order to provide the frontline with clear communication on how the stores need to be merchandised. This position manages multiple complex initiatives and projects concurrently and at varying levels of scope and urgency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees production and development of all generational showroom displays, working closely with other cross-functional colleagues to ensure it accommodates both business priorities and customer needs in a dynamic environment, as well as meets deployment standards of excellence and associate readiness.
- Develops well written assignment briefs that align with the program objectives, showroom design vision, premier retail principles and ensures that clarity is provided around the business and customer needs for each display or experiential touch point.
- Manages day-to-day vendor relationships (including fixture / display vendors, as well as will have key integration with our printer and database vendors) and fosters collaborative relationships that facilitate optimized contribution and accountability.
Understands the development and production processes in order to work with fixture/display vendors, printers and other outside vendors to deliver materials on-time and within budget parameters.
Primary lead role in ensuring that the store database tool (AccuStore) is refined, as needed, and up-to-date with current floor plans and files.
Utilizes space planning and category/assortment retail planning skills to “slot” / develop the display/merchandising strategies for all generational formats and versions.
Monitors associated display inventory levels, ensuring display/product availability aligns with needs.
Partners closely with our Construction team in order to ensure that deployments are executed in alignment with brand standards and the approved retail brand showroom design.
Conveys the objectives and strategies of the retail showroom design to cross-functional partners and develop clear implementation tools to ensure execution with excellence at the frontline.
- Responsible for budget management for programs within both capital and expense budgets, including tracking & forecasting.
- Executes additional tasks in order to meet departmental project-related or development and change objectives.
- Responsible for the development of planograms for all device and accessory launches and resets, accounting for format and generational variability, segmentation, product variance, etc.