Lead Technology Financial Analyst
12/21/2017 2:29:40 AM
The Lead Technology Financial Analyst is responsible for the overall management of financial processes for supported technical teams, including Network, Information Services and Enterprise Program Management. This role will support functional areas by consolidating all financial deliverables, providing direction and guidance to the technical and functional financial teams, integrating tightly with partners in the Finance organizations and developing / improving processes. This role is responsible for tracking financial results against goals, supporting traditional financial processes and consolidation / communication of financial results compared to plan. Lead processes including long-term planning, annual budgeting and monthly forecasting / variance analysis. This role will summarize financial issues as part of the preparation of regular and ad hoc reports. Anticipates and independently resolves complex issues impacting Engineering financial activities by taking ownership and demonstrating leadership to achieve results. This position is a seasoned, experienced professional and is the most senior position without supervisory responsibility.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Lead the development of clear and compelling summaries of complex financial matters
- Deliver regular and ad hoc updates related to financial management matters to functional leadership teams and functional analysts.
- Provides training, and development of day-to-day duties for Technology Financial Analysts.
- Develop consistent processes, tools, templates and reporting structures / cadence to address functional financial management requirements. Utilize unified approach to budget preparation, Strategic Long Range Forecast (SLRF) development, monthly forecasting and variance analysis, and ad hoc financial management requests.
- Lead development of SLRF for groups in partnership with functional teams and in alignment with Strategy Team guidelines.
- Lead development of annual budget submissions includes development of summaries and other communications related to the review and approval process
- Develop, gain approval and submit quarterly financial forecasts. Build processes to identify and minimize variances to forecasts.
- Manage monthly review of actual financial results and updated full year forecast, including communication at Director and Senior Director meetings.
- For all financial management processes, ensure that key assumptions, changes, adjustments and approvals are tracked appropriately. Route financial requests and change requests per the authorization matrix and track approvals per company policy.
- Partner with Finance (FP&A, Strategy, Accounting, Fixed Assets) to ensure that all company requirements and standard financial processes are met on time (e.g., budget load into Hyperion, variance reporting templates, etc.).
- Proactively prepare contingency plans for potential project acceleration / deceleration in the event of budget surpluses or shortfalls.
- Actively seeks resolution of issues independently by understanding the causes and follows through to ensure results are achieved.
- Update SAP based upon budget reviews, approved budget exceptions, and to match changes in other financial databases. Update other functional tools and reporting systems (e.g., IT Delivery Plan, Network Cell Site Tool) as appropriate.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining financial systems including exporting and importing of files into databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required, or equivalent professional experience; MBA and/or CPA are a plus.
- 8 + years leading complex financial processes, including budget development, long-term planning and variance analysis.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to work independently when necessary.
- Prior experience in financial management activities, including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, decision analysis and long-term planning is required. Financial management experience in investment-heavy industries, especially wireless, is a plus. Broad knowledge of financial principles, practices and procedures and general accounting principles
- Demonstrated ability to guide and direct the activities of peers is required.
- Extensive knowledge of computer software, general ledger and financial systems. Strong PC literacy skills in a Windows environment with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.