Manager, Agent Marketing
12/5/2017 2:27:30 AM
Responsible for leading a team that effectively influences activation of local co-op marketing dollars among agent organizations across the enterprise. This position will lead the strategic development, evolution and implementation of the agent marketing strategy, via the ongoing supervision of relationships with external agencies (Mullen and Brandmuscle) to provide an array of creative options that allow the agent to drive consideration, traffic and conversion in a brand appropriate fashion. Additionally, the Mgr. Agent Marketing will be responsible for supervising the co-op program’s multi-million dollar ($10-15MM) budget to generate expected business results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the advocate for agent marketing support across the organization.
- Leads development of agent marketing & co-op strategy, in partnership with agent sales leadership, to drive consideration, traffic and conversion among the agents.
- Leads and coaches a team of agent marketing managers responsible for local support of all agent marketing activities including media plan development and execution, sponsorship execution and promotional support.
- Provides marketing leadership throughout the agent sales support and agent principal communities, ensuring clear understanding of all marketing programs and strategies.
- Develops agent marketing associates through recruiting, hiring and performance feedback measures
- Collaborates with agent sales teams, agent principals, Mullen and Brandmuscle to evolve and enhance the agent marketing/co-op program to allow the agent to be a strong influence in their community.
- Manages the multi-million dollar co-op budget ($10-15MM) through better reporting and analysis leading to more visibility into how the dollars are being spent.
- Educates the agent sales teams and agent principals on agent co-op, key marketing/advertising principles and the tools within Brand Muscle that can lead to a better return on their marketing spend.
- Agency management responsibilities: Brandmuscle (TradeOne) vendor agreement along with marketing templates/tools, financial/co-op usage reporting; Mullen for agent advertising.
- Lead the efforts to coordinate with Brand Activation peers and leaders to drive local strategy development and execution.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related discipline; M.B.A. desired.
- 8+ years of experience with 3rd party distribution/franchise marketing program management.
- Experience with a broad array of marketing communication disciplines.
- Ability to successfully lead across organizational boundaries, including strong relationship management skills required.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams while handling multiple projects is required.
- Business case and/or marketing strategy development skills.
- Financial/budget management and analytic skills.
- Convey a professional presence with high impact communication – orally, written and in presentations.
- Creative problem solver to challenge current way of thinking to drive enhancements to the program.
- Ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams, with vendors and with agent principals.
- Excellent PC literacy skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Up to 50% travel is required.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.