Staff Accountant 2
11/15/2017 2:27:18 AM
Responsible for accounting activities necessary to produce accurate and timely financial statements and analysis. Act as a financial source for Operations and Finance Management in the field.
- Coordinate and participate in the monthly closing process for assigned responsibilities, such as journal entries.
- Prepare assigned account reconciliations and detailed financial analysis as requested.
- Address financial inquiries of both regional support and field management in a timely manner for their use in decision making that ultimately affects the customer.
- Assist with the preparation of financial reporting packages and provide requested information for the partnerships.
- Represent the General Ledger Accounting Department on cross-functional teams.
- Review financial statements and accounts.
- Perform special projects upon management's request.
- Assist Senior Accountants with reviewing work prepared by Staff I Accountants.
- Provide training for new Staff Accountants.
- Assist Senior Accountants with duties pertaining to assigned processes.
- Prepare and provide requested information for external auditors.
- Provide information as requested during the preparation of the annual budget.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- Two to four years of accounting experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- PC literacy skills in Windows environment with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Access and Word) preferred.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.