11/10/2017 2:30:58 PM
The role leads key strategic analyses and provides decision support to the Executive Leadership team and cross-functional business partners. The ideal candidate will have: broad marketing experience including data analysis, marketing strategy, pricing, financial modeling, process development and evaluation of technical solutions; and the ability to lead and develop a cohesive strategic plans that align with U.S. Cellular’s long-term business strategy. A demonstrated ability to leverage technology, marketing frameworks, product roadmaps and industry knowledge to identify business opportunities, conduct financial analyses, develop business cases, and generate and implement project plans is required.
- Provide critical thought leadership and recommended courses of action to projects and analytical work.
- Lead the production of the company's annual strategic long range forecast.
- Lead the quarterly update of the company's enterprise risk management process,
- Lead the production of quarterly market-level strategic analysis.
- Provide insight and decision support to the Executive Team and to cross-functional business partners in regard to strategic decision-making.
- Identify industry trends and interpret their potential impact on USCC strategy and/or valuation forecasting.
- Support the scenario analysis process including scenario development and signpost monitoring.
- Aid in the design and development of the industry/competitive analysis module of the annual strategy assessment process.
- Aid in the design and development of the risk and opportunity assessment module of the annual strategy assessment process.
- Present analysis and insights to the Executive Team.
- Participate in meetings with the TDS Development Team.
- Likely to deal with highly confidential information on a regular basis - requiring a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Develops a strong knowledge of decision analysis tools and techniques.
- Deploy discounted cash flow analysis and other financial techniques to model net present value and valuations.
- Develop a familiarity with third-party strategic alliance structures and their implications including joint ventures, corporate venturing etc.
- Become familiar with a variety of strategic analytical frameworks around situational analysis, competitive strategy, and industry analysis (e.g., Porter's Five Forces, etc.).
- Explicitly assesses and models risk and probability in our analyses. Requires competency in the use of Crystal Ball software and the ability to interpret it's results.
- Assignments often include technically challenging analytics requiring research or creation of new approaches.
- Requires a familiarity with principles of innovation and their potential application at U.S. Cellular.
- Requires a broad and thorough understanding of USCC operations across all key functional areas.
- Demonstrates a high level of ownership of assigned projects and shows independent initiative.
- Deals with forward-looking analyses often characterized by a high degree of uncertainty in the data.
- Requires an ability to draw actionable conclusions from imperfect information.
- Embraces the continuing challenge to absorb and apply new analytical concepts (via external training and independent research).
- Works in an environment where priorities change frequently.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA desired.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of broad experience in financial analysis/accounting required. Wireless operations experience a plus.
- Several years experience with marketing strategic planning development is highly preferred
- Familiarity with strategy concepts and frameworks is required.
- Ability to function effectively in cross-functional teams is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Strong strategic and analytic thinking skills are required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Familiarity with financial valuation techniques (i.e., discounted cash flow, etc.) is preferred.
- Business knowledge of the wireless industry is a plus.
- Industry knowledge outside of the wireless environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with decision analysis and/or probabilistic analysis methods is a plus.
- Understanding of U.S. Cellular operations is a strong plus.
- Flexible attitude with changing assignments and priorities is imperative.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.