This role is responsible for ensuring the performance of the service platforms on the U.S. Cellular wireless network for both consumer and business customers. This role is responsible for defining measures, monitoring performance, and minimizing outage time. The position is responsible for service assurance for services for our wireless customers, including: text messaging, picture messaging, visual voicemail, voicemail to text, 4G device activation and roaming provisioning, data compression platforms, CMAS, as well as new VoLTE services such as presence, VoLTE 911, etc. This position will be responsible for process and service improvements, mentoring and training peers, leading cross functional collaboration efforts, and providing a forward vision into future technology.
• Proactively monitor the performance of the service platforms on the U.S Cellular wireless network.
• Analyze failures and map to root cause guides to minimize similar future failures.
• Provide engineering recommendation and minimize outage time to drive service outages to faster resolution.
• Drive service outages to resolution.
• Improve and monitor service performance by defining performance metrics prior to deployments and then measuring actual performance against forecast.
• Define performance improvement plans for all metrics not within service level agreements.
• Identify, initiate, and coordinate actions to maintain or improve service levels.
• Identify performance improvements in conjunction with the Service Engineering teams.
• Provide overall enhancement and updates of the service catalogue.
• Provide reporting on service quality and remediation plans to improve.
• Support planning through launch phases of any service that resides on either an owned platform or is a customer facing service that uses our wireless network.
• Perform as lead engineer to identify overall service requirements for any new service offerings.
• SME for existing tools to enhance analysis and troubleshooting for all mobile core network elements ( IMS, EPC, LAN/WAN) in USCC’s LCC, RCC and NDC.
• Interact effectively with analytics and automation engineers to analyze data trends and patterns, and develop automated solutions.
• Research current industry technology to better facilitate partner communications, address technical changes, and to ensure the network conforms to company and customer specifications.
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE, ESSENTIAL DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB. TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM EACH ESSENTIAL DUTY SATISFACTORILY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY REQUIRED. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is required
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the wireless industry
• Ability to work in a cross functional team required
• Strong written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills required
• Well versed in database reporting engines such as IBM Cognos, R Script, Crystal, SQL preferred.
• Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Mobile Core Network Elements: IMS Core and Applications Servers, LTE S-GW, P-GW, HSS, 1NDS/Subscriber Data Management (SDM) ; PCRF, IMS and EPC DNS, Security Appliances, DRA, Lawful Interception Gateways (LIG) for CALEA compliance, CDMA/1xRTT, MIP, SIP, EVDO, Wireless Data, Packet Data Switch Node (PDSN), Home Agent (HA), Foreign Agent (FA), AAA, ECS, SMSC, MMSC, MDM, CMAS, SIMOTA, OTA, MOTIV SAM, Presence, UT Proxy, MAB, WAP GW, MME, MGW, eVP ,and network elements such as routers, switches, load balancers, firewall, WAN Core Aggregation, LAN, Security Gateway, and network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, GTP, Diameter, SCTP, ISUP, SIP, Megaco, MTP, M3UA, UDP
• Ability to create, define, and analyze metrics that accurately reflect the current state of a given process or operation required.
• Must possess an attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks required.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
"EEO is the Law" Poster | "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement | Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision | Dept of Labor FMLA poster | Employee PolyGraph Protection Act Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at: Accommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org