Promotions Manager II
11/2/2017 2:28:19 PM
Lead strategic and tactical promotional development and implementation at the enterprise level to deliver upon annual objectives over 1M customer activations. Through an integrated perspective of strategy, organization, operations and analysis, the position will formulate and manage highly visible promotional development and implementation that will deliver upon our customer acquisition strategy and achieve customer acquisition, revenue growth, and profitability goals.
This position is viewed as a key integrator of marketing, financial and operational objectives, and will ensure that promotions strategies are integrated across multiple segments, products, channels and geographies. This position will require regular interactions with Senior Leaders, providing counsel on promotions strategies and developing tactics necessary to drive superior business results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage promotional strategies from inception through implementation.
- Promotions responsibilities are holistic across voice, messaging, data, product vertical features, device, postpaid and prepaid.
- Leverages competitive intelligence and consumer preference insights to deliver promotional concepts and offers for competitive advantage.
- Leads the effort to align cross functional input in designing promotional offerings and tactics.
- Instrumental in planning and developing the launch and implementation of national and local promotional initiatives by working closely with key stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of customer acquisition/retention programs.
- Facilitates partnership with Finance and supply chain on take rate estimates and profitability impact analysis at the enterprise level. This includes maximizing ROI of promotional spend including managing equipment subsidies.
- Ensures all promotional offers, tactics, and messaging are consistent and integrated with overall marketing and channel strategies; develop offer analysis and sensitivity models to derive the implications on acquisition strategy, marketing activities and operational processes.
- Forms hypotheses and synthesizes fact-based conclusions into recommendations including preparing and delivering comprehensive business cases to executive management.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and significant influence management skills to gain credibility with and drive decision-making from senior leadership and stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Streamlines processes where possible such as creating standard reporting tools and processes.
- Partners with marketing, sales, and operational teams to define the roadmap and requirements for promotional elements and functionality to be supported by company systems and processes.
- In addition to the strategic aspect of the role, this position will have tactical, day-to-day operational and implementation responsibilities which includes an array of activities from resolving system or billing issues, supporting promotional enhancements and adjustments, providing offer support for local/grass roots events including sponsorships, driving key analytical efforts, enhancing the integration with other marketing/operational teams, and improving the reporting and measurement of promotional effectiveness.
- Content SME in the creation and enhancement of marketing materials and collateral to support promotional execution to educate and inform customers.
- Acts as the subject matter expert (SME) in coordinating promotional input to the Brand team.
- Track, analyze, and communicate key metrics.
- Successfully execute go to market plans including launch and maintenance.
Specific Skills Required:
- Ability to successfully lead across organizational boundaries, including strong relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, and ability to lead diverse and cross-functional groups, including outside vendors.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities in the areas of response sensitivity analysis, price elasticity, and financial modeling.
- Ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative research to generate consumer insights.
- Strong team orientation with ability to provide peer coaching.
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong business acumen with emphasis in marketing.
- Demonstrated solutions based orientation leading to development of effective action plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyze issues and develop and deploy solutions within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to small and large groups and senior leaders.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience, with 5 yrs specific promotions or pricing experience, financial/statistical modeling and forecasting, business case development; wireless industry experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor's in Marketing or business is required. MBA or graduate level degree in a related field is preferred.
- Strong creative, analytical, and project planning skills are required.
- Significant experience leading cross-functional development teams and large-scale initiatives; ability to lead cross-functional teams while handling multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including experience making presentations to senior management;
- Solid negotiation and meeting facilitation skills; significant experience working with and leading diverse teams of individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership where team members are not direct reports.
- Ability to be an influencer who can set and/or implement strategy and a course of action.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.