The role will utilize advanced analytics methodologies to provide guidance based on findings and improve decision-making within the Engineering orgnization. This role will have technical expertise in either RF (Radio-frequency), operations, engineering or analytics disciplines. This role will work closely with centralized analytics functions to accommodate adoption of scientific analytics techniques across the organization, and improve decision-making using these techniques. This position will work on project teams to provide insights around analytics, performance, and capacity engineering. In cooperation with the centralized analytics teams, use new technologies, policies, and procedures for business network operations, leading to eventual automation of analytics activities to ensure agility. Leveraging Agile & DevOps techniques, present performance and capacity engineering analytics results, reports, and recommendations to performance engineers, performance managers, engineering managers, and executive management.
• Analyze and recommend performance and capacity upgrades needed for customer-facing data systems and services.
• Use the output from machine learning (supervised/unsupervised/reinforcement) techniques of network & system metrics to determine tuning recommendations to improve performance.
• Assists with Data Mining Activities within Engineering to ensure quality decision-making.
• Uses pre-established techniques to deliver predictive modeling using statistical methodologies for generating engineering recommendations.
• Assists to define analytics application requirements and work with tools team to integrate into existing infrastructure
• Participates actively in customer-facing performance and capacity related projects
• Leverages performance and capacity reporting and methodology best practices for new systems and services
• Participates in customer-facing performance and capacity strategy review meetings, presentations, and training sessions.
• Collaborates with the vendors’ senior technical staff/management on critical/escalated capacity issues
• Works on issue identification and resolution process, including escalations to senior engineers
• Uses industry best-practices to deliver performance and capacity engineering and processes
• Works to maintain capacity standards, policies and procedures documentation and identify process improvement
• Support identification and collection of metrics and performance reporting processes
• Ensures communication of process and procedure changes to key stakeholders. All while working closely with centralized analytics and tool development teams to ensure alignment.
• Maintain relationships with the customers, associates, and vendors to proactively identify needed changes.
• Maintain working relationships with technical and business counterparts.
• Stays abreast of industry/vendor forums to guide performance and capacity analytics activities.
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK PERFORMED. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
"EEO is the Law" Poster | "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement | Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision | Dept of Labor FMLA poster | Employee PolyGraph Protection Act Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at: Accommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org