Associate Project Manager
12/1/2017 2:28:18 AM
The Associate Project Manager – Device utilizes a unique blend of project management expertise and product knowledge to provide project leadership for the technical track of mobile device launches . The Associate Project Manager leads cross-functional teams throughout the device lifecycle to achieve business objectives, while managing scope, timelines and budget. May occasionally support projects in other Marketing functions or in different project roles, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead cross functional team during the duration of a project to ensure timely completion of project tasks and deliverables.
Work with project team and subject matter experts to identify, analyze, monitor and respond to issues and risks associated with the project to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and within budget.
Communicate project status to team, business owners and others as appropriate throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues, major decisions and activities related to the project.
Work with device OEM partners to incorporate software feature enhancements that support new network technologies such as Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE), Voice-over-Wifi (VoWifi), and Video-over-LTE (ViLTE).
Participate, as needed, in pre-initiation product delivery stages to manage activities related to the assessment and prioritization of new product ideas.
Support other project managers in project documentation, planning and scheduling, as requested.
Generally responsible for managing 1-2 projects at a time on a mix of standard product launches and device initiatives.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management, product development, marketing, audit/finance, and/or sales.
- BA/BS Business, Marketing, Audit/Accounting, Finance. Technical undergraduate education with business/project management experience will be considered.
- High level of organization and planning skills and attention to detail.
- Strong team orientation and the ability to build cohesiveness to achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working across organizational boundaries to achieve objectives.
- Ability to identify and analyze issues, develop and deploy solutions within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including speaking in front of small and large groups.
- Advanced experience with standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.