Associate Product Manager
10/27/2017 2:29:08 AM
Serve as a product manager to support the focused effort on building out the evolution of U.S. Cellular’s in-store content transfer and device lifecycle platform. Assist with selection, management, and execution of new platform offerings in collaboration with U.S. Cellular’s platform vendor. Ensure platform capabilities are aligned with overall company business strategy to meet our customers’ needs and U.S. Cellular’s financial objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the short and long term platform strategy; including execution of software maintenance and feature enhancements to support the platform’s evolution.
- Support the creation of the platform positioning and channel strategies, direction and operational goals for the point of sale customer experience, including mechanisms to measure the platform’s ROI.
- Participate in cross functional teams to successfully execute the platform strategy and its underlying programs, including development of business requirements, training, platform positioning, and internal marketing communication activities.
- Track, analyze and communicate key metrics, i.e., financial, competitive and customer results and take appropriate actions to ensure operational excellence and achieve annual goals. Develop and execute to key financial and business targets/metrics.
- Provide technical and organizational guidance to internal users and stakeholders of the platform.
- Minimum of 3 years in product management, product development, sales and/or marketing. Professional experience within the software or telecommunications industry or with a wireless voice/data service provider a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree education in technology, business/product management professional experience will be considered.
- Advanced experience with standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience working across organizational boundaries, including strong relationship management skills and working with outside vendors.
- Strong team orientation, both Proven project management and analytical skills.
- Financial analysis, financial root cause investigation and development of solutions/action plans to minimize risks and take advantage of opportunities.
- Ability to create marketing programs including but not limited to promotions, marketing communications, point of sale, etc.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyze issues, develop and deploy solutions within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including speaking in front of small and large groups
- Strong time and project schedule management skills required to consistently meet deadlines and ensure preparedness for launch or implementation of products, services or initiatives.
- Well organized, strong administrative and detail oriented skills.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.