Contributor in the planning, design, engineering, development, implementation, and troubleshooting infrastructure technologies on the customer-servicing network. Provide application development services around specific assigned technologies. Supports deployment of customer-servicing projects. Interfaces with vendors for support of applications and technologies. Analyzes, integrates and maintains new or existing application components. Documents procedures for business network operations. Provide operational support of assigned technologies for the position.
• Identify changes needed in the customer-servicing infrastructure configuration to achieve the technology organization goals
• Contribute to the definition of requirements in support of budget plans and make recommendations for ways to improve performance and reduce costs. Develop business cases that support changes to network and system infrastructure.
• Enable the customer-servicing infrastructure strategy reviews and development by performing applicable analysis.
• Provide technical support to customer-servicing infrastructure implementation projects; implements infrastructure changes.
• Analyze network & system response and determine tuning recommendations to improve performance.
• Develop network and system performance tools and integrate them into the existing infrastructure.
• Interface with the vendors’ senior technical staff/management on critical/escalated network and system related outages; Research current industry technology to better facilitate vendor and partner communications
• Provide triage support to facilitate effective issue identification and resolution process; resource for customer-servicing infrastructure-related issue / crisis resolution. Actively maintains network infrastructure to expedite the resolution process
• Perform advanced tier troubleshooting of 24x7 applications, including off-hour maintenance activities, problem resolution, and participation in rotational on-call support.
• Develop full suite of documentation as it relates to specific assigned technologies; ensure communication of process and procedure changes to key stakeholders.
• Design an effective test plan for any new / changed customer-servicing infrastructure.
• Collaborate with partner organizations/departments to architect network or system solutions for our customer-servicing infrastructure
• Provides input to development of standards, policies and procedures in subject matter area.
• Support identification and collection of metrics and performance reporting processes; I.e. Key Performance Indicators, SLA’s and infrastructure standards.
• Identify process improvement areas and develop the improvement initiatives.
• Participates in, and encourages a knowledge-sharing environment both within, and outside the department; actively mentors other engineering staff; develop and deliver cross-training activities
• Develop and maintain knowledge of internal network infrastructure, operations, and devices; progress to a subject matter expert for relevant technologies.
• Maintain relationships with the customers, associates, and vendors to proactively identify needed changes.
• Establish working relationships with technical, business and sourcing counterparts.
• Initiate and participate in process improvement initiatives.
• Assemble cross-functional workgroups of key stakeholders to provide direction for various platforms
• Actively participates in industry/vendor forums to guide product development activities.
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE, ESSENTIAL DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
"EEO is the Law" Poster | "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement | Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Statement | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision | Dept of Labor FMLA poster | Employee PolyGraph Protection Act Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at: Accommodation.email@example.com