This role is responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive digital communications strategies and plans to meet overall marketing goals. Interfacing directly with internal stakeholders and external partner agencies, the Digital Communications Associate creates, communicates and implements the digital components of mass promotional and branded campaigns.
This is a creative and analytical role: the successful candidate will immerse themselves in the research, messaging, creative, analysis and measurement to create short and long-term digital communications plans for assigned campaigns to drive movement of key metrics and profitable growth. This role requires thought leadership and the ability to manage numerous cross-functional priorities within high-visibility initiatives.
This role drives increased consideration of the U.S. Cellular® brand and acquisition through a variety of digital marketing and online channels, primarily e-commerce and editorial content programs. Additionally, this role is responsible for developing and editing language for digital display and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) including, but not limited to, websites, micro-sites, e-mail campaigns, landing pages, syndicated content, and social media.
Other Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Develops product and promotional communications for all web properties and online marketing efforts.
Responsible for staying abreast of the latest trends in digital communications in order to strengthen our messaging and brand positioning.
Ensure editorial content is written and presented in a format that meets digital display standards and is consistent with U.S. Cellular brand voice.
Lead the review and approval process for creative assets and program materials.
Manage all aspects of editorial content program(s), including program strategy, development and execution in partnership with agencies and internal partners.
Develop content strategies and deliverables to meet company consideration goals for brand affiliation and leadership.
Track and analyze content metrics and tie budget, plans and programs to the achievement of agreed upon objectives
Ensure digital communication components are strategized, planned and executed from a holistic perspective – i.e., measurement tagging, reporting and analytics, digital ecosystem and digital architecture requirements, messaging, branding, creative and content, backend technical and database considerations.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a strong preference for Digital Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Business Major.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with a firm understanding of Digital Marketing and Communications practices and proven track record of acquiring new customers via digital channels.
- Strong understanding and previous experience of Search Engine Optimization
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, contact strategy, channel strategy, marketing metrics, CRM, acquisition databases, search, web technologies, digital analytical tools (CoreMetrics/Google Analytics).
- Experience effectively collaborating across multiple teams and managing agencies.
- Experience in developing and editing online copy and digital content.
- Results oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.